Magic is always present, all around you and in you, yet your attention needs to be alert to the magic so you can perceive it. When your mind is focused on your life challenges and worries, mundane concerns or emotions that you’re feeling, then the magic is, for the moment, lost. Of course, it’s just part of being human. We have lots to think about! But you also don’t want to get stuck in the swamp of whatever you’re grappling with so much that the magic is lost and each day is like a startlingly similar replay.
A most effective way to get momentum on moving through and addressing challenges in life is to speak to your challenge. Both the struggle with the challenge and the answer that frees you live inside of you. It takes focus and commitment to your desire for whatever lies beyond the challenge in your life.
Here are five steps you can take to move through your challenge:
- State what it is you want. For example, I want to have a successful business, or I want to know that I’m making the right choice about xxx, or I want to be in a romantic relationship with someone who’s a perfect match for me, or I want to know the right step to take in this situation. Feel the want inside you and make sure it’s strong. That it’s coming from a place of decision rather than a state of endless wanting.
- Feel the struggle inside of you. Maybe you feel frustrated or sad, hopeless or overwhelmed. Notice where you feel this in your body. Often you feel emotions somewhere in your torso, such as your stomach, your heart, your solar plexus or your throat. Or maybe you feel a lot of energy in your head.
- Speak to the part of your body where you feel the emotion. Ask it to tell you more about what it’s feeling. What is it frustrated about or sad about? You might know already, but it’s good to hear its language.
- As you listen, you may well hear some limiting beliefs. You can recognize limiting beliefs because they just don’t sound right. They’re not really true. They sound weak, like an old tape that keeps playing, but isn’t serving you anymore.
- Write down the limiting beliefs. Then question each one by asking, “Is this really true?” Listen in your heart for the answer. You’ll know. Then write down what is really true. Listen and deep down you’ll sense if what you have written is true. Maybe you’ll get a rush of warmth, a sense of knowing, an image or an inner voice that tells you that you’re on the right track.
These five steps give you an example of what is possible within a very short amount of time. There are many ways to speak to your challenges. The key is to shift from life challenge to illumination. Your inner wisdom is always there to support you and guide you in your life. Once you feel reconnected to the peace and wisdom in your heart, the magic is yours to perceive.
I hope you enjoyed this three-part blog post on how to rediscover magic in life, when it seems to be elusive or just not there at all.